A weighty issue…
Popular "starvation diets" that significantly restrict certain food groups like carbohydrates or encourage living off powdered meal replacements can cause muscle to be broken down resulting in a loss of energy and a slower metabolism. This will leave you feeling lethargic as well as being one of the major causes of yo-yo dieting and regaining all the weight lost. A far healthier way of losing excess fat and keeping it off is to adopt a program that measures your body composition rather than just the number on your bathroom scales.
What is unhealthy body composition?
Generally speaking, it refers to carrying too much fat in comparison to muscle. Body weight alone (what the scales say) is not a definitive assessment of body composition. Even after losing weight, you might still be considered "over-fat". This occurs when the weight you lose comes predominantly from muscle and not from fat, producing unhealthy body composition. There is no single cause of unhealthy body composition.
Excessive fat accumulation can result from an imbalance between the calories you take in and the calories you burn, as well as lifestyle influences such as:
- A high-fat, high-sugar diet
- Lack of physical activity
- Excess alcohol intake
- Hormone imbalance
- Better body composition supports:
- Healthy ageing
- Cardiovascular health
- Bone health
- Energy levels
- Hormone balance
- Weight management
How do I achieve healthier body composition?
Tanya Borowski, director of Nutritional Values and fully qualified nutritional therapist runs highly successful body composition programmes called FLT -FirstLine therapy. FLT has been developed by Metagenics in the US and is now taking the UK by storm. In the UK there are only 35 accredited FLT practitioners who have become the experts in weight management and body composition support. The program has been scientifically designed to help a person lose weight and look slimmer by targeting fat and preserving muscle. A higher ratio of muscle-to-fat may increase the body's metabolic rate, enabling the body to more effectively burn calories each day. This is in stark contrast to an unhealthy weight loss programme, which may help a person lose weight, but often results in muscle loss without as much fat loss.
6 week FLT body composition package with Nutritional Values includes:-
- Initial health consultation including full assessment of possible roadblocks to weight loss i.e. hormonal imbalances.
- Four body composition tests -assessing active muscle tissues, fat mass and hydration status.
- A personalized FLT food plan
- Thee follow-up consultations
- Personalised FLT© pack including:- your weight loss targets, shopping lists, recipe ideas, & weekly report of findings showing your personal body composition changes.
- Six weeks phone and e-mail support
As such, the program has proved highly effective in:
- Shedding unwanted body fat
- Increasing muscle mass & energy
- Improving satiety and reducing over eating
- Enhancing skin condition
Contact: Tanya Borowski at Nutritional Values 07515 411056 or tanya @nutritionalvalues.co.uk
Cost for the six week package is £150 - that's just £25 a week!